Thursday, January 1, 2009

Little, big sis is back in the saddle!

Happy New Year, sincerely, to ALL of my great blog pals.
This past year has been an enlightening one for me to say the least--I'll spare you the details. Just know, though you may not have realized it, you helped me through a healing process I had to work through both spiritually and emotionally. And I believe I'm a better woman/wife/mother/sister because of it.
I love laughter, and many of you made me laugh so hard with the experiences you've blogged about. Many, also, gave me spiritual insight on things I may have never considered before which has drawn me closer to the Lord. I've come into a better discipline in my prayer and devotions by joining a 24/7 prayer blog (remember the prayer request button on my sidebar). At times you made me cry, and instilled in me a greater compassion for the pains of others. You've given me a glimpse into the lives of your families through your endearing pictures. You've broadened my life geographically.
A great big hug to all of you!
As for the weight loss goal I had, no I didn't reach it. That last 10 lbs decided to hang in there with me right into 2009! And I'm not going to worry about it. I know it'll come off as soon as I forget about it, and do what I already know to do physically and nutritionally.
And now for the best news of all, my sis Reva is up and blogging again! She'll be happy to hear from those of you who visit her.
God bless you this new year. May the good memories remain always fresh and may you learn from the bad experiences and then let them go. Forgive where forgiveness is needed, for their sake as well as your's. I pray for healing and comfort to those who are in need, and the Lord's peace that can only come from Him be experienced daily.
It's All 2009 Good!
Brenda

17 comments:

  1. I got acquainted with you and Reva in '08 so that's at least one good thing that happened last year. :o)

    I already visited Reva to welcome her back.

    I hope 2009 is a great year for all of us, Brenda.

    Much Love,

    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope this year brings you lots of love and laughter with only happy tears of joy here and there.
    (like when you move out here with us)
    Love ya lots

    Hey check with my mom she has a quick weight loss plan...dont reccomend it though haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a good wrap up. To look back and see where God's hand was in our lives. I'm glad to hear about your sister. I'll have to stop by and pay her a visit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All the wonderful things you've said about your blog friends is how I feel about YOU!!!! I am so very thankful for the friendship and connectedness that the Lord is doing. Regardless of what 2009 holds for either of our families we know by Who's Hand we are being held and lead.
    ((hugs))
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  5. God bless Reva. How exciting. What a great way to start the year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So VERY glad your sister is doing better. Praise the Lord for His healing power!
    Your blog has been an inspiration to me on many occassions throughout this past year, and I'm glad to have "met" you and gotten a little glimpse into your life. I know the Lord has His hand upon you and your family and I pray that He will continue to bless you and use you for His glory throughout the new year. Have a great weekend. :) Brenda, the other one (lol)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for letting others know I'm doing much better now sis. It has been and joy and a blessing to have you as MY sister. I am so happy you are moving here soon and that we have become so much closer. I am looking forward to much more time to know you better and to share parts of our lives, and uphold each other spiritually and emotionally and any other way needed.

    ready..set..go..sis

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a beautiful post, Brenda.

    I'm so glad Reva is home again!

    May 2009 bring you much happiness, good health, and many more blessings.

    HUGS,
    Sammy

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm thinking that 2009 and beyond has more for you than you could imagine, and I know that's what God thinks about it too, Brenda! Happy New Year!!! (Yes, the end really is the beginning!!) :) Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so glad I recently got to know you! Blessings to you in this new year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Precious post. Happy New Year Brenda. I pray that 2009 will bring more blessings than you could ever count!

    ReplyDelete
  12. And 2009 is going to be an even better year....I can just feel it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy New Year dear friend! I'm glad to be visiting you and I hope that 2009 brings you happiness and love. May God bless you and yours, and have a wonderful week ahead.

    Thank you so much for your kind comments while I have been away

    Love, Jess

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's just me Brenda. With nothing to add that others have already said and probably even better. I will not miss you when you go to CO...because I expect we will visit with each other just the way we do now.

    Love to laugh? That is just the way our family is. It is a sad day when there is no laughter. I believe laughter is just as important as love. Keep on keeping on...as a dear friend of mine is Iowa used to say.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy New Year, Brenda.

    I'm so glad Reva is well enough to be back with us. I'll visit her soon.

    I hope you had a good Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy New Year. May God continue to bless you and yours.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit with me. I enjoy your comments very much. :)