Monday, January 25, 2016

Fun Day at the Shooting Range

We couldn't have asked for a nicer day to head over to the shooting range. 60 degree weather...not bad for January in Colorado!

This is my husband Sunny concentrating on his target.



And this is Sunny wondering why his ears are ringing!




My brother and sister-in-law Lisa.


I enjoy the friendship I have with Lisa. She and Jimbo have been married going on three years now. I've never seen my brother more relaxed and happy than he has been since he met his bride.



Lisa and I are trying to do the typical 'hand on hip, one leg behind the other' stance every other girl in the world does. I guess we're not cool or hip or whatever the 'in' word is. Me? I'm not balanced enough! And we forgot the duck lips.


Sunny wasn't the only one out there shooting. We all enjoyed shooting our guns. If we're gonna carry, then we better stay practiced up. But we also enjoyed goofing off in the warm weather.


We ended the evening with a nice dinner at our house. We had enchiladas, refried beans, spanish rice and a nice colorful salad. I made chocolate chip cookies for dessert. And, of course, we dipped them in fresh cow's milk. I skimmed some of the cream of the top and gave it to my brother, so his was more like half-and-half. It brought back neat memories of our Grandma's gallon jug of milk with three inches of cream on top.

It's All I Love My Family Good!

Brenda

5 comments:

  1. I think you are very wise to go to the shooting range and keep up your skills. In this day and time, one never knows when one might need them. The dinner afterward sounds so good too! Have a nice Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a great day and a very good time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Brenda!

    I love that you go to the shooting range! We are a gun loving family, and practice makes perfect, which is what you want to be if you pack! Great pictures, isn't it great to have a wonderful sis in law?!

    And, yes, it freezes here every winter . . . very cold here in Idaho!

    Hugs,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can I just say I LOVE fresh cows milk!!

      Delete
  4. Don't you just love days like that? I can't get enough of them. Just having a good time with the people I love when the weather is great, it's the best... :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit with me. I enjoy your comments very much. :)