The following is the absolute fastest slow-cooker recipe I’ve ever made in 8 easy steps.
1. Brown stew meat, add to crock pot
2. Add 2 cans condensed cream soup
3. Add 1 cup sour cream
4. Add one package dried soup mix
5. 1/2 cup water
6. Stir all together and taste
7. Send gag-reflex through the roof
8. Empty everything into strainer to rescue the meat for another meal.
Disclaimer: For all of you who know me by now, I’m as frugal as they come. I am not a wasteful person. In our nearly 30 years of marriage, I have never made anything so bad that I knew we couldn’t at least eat it and move on. The meat and sour cream were fresh, so I know it wasn’t anything spoiled. Seriously, it was that bad! (Ok, I’ll admit to a little drama on #7.)
Oh well, on to another recipe! Ever have one of those meals?
Recently edited: I think I’ve figured out that the dried soup mix may have been rancid.
It’s All Leftovers Tonight Good!