1. What are three words you would use to describe your 2011?
Homecoming (our daughter moved back to Colorado after living near Seattle for the past two years).
Peace (enjoying my closer walk with the Lord as well as enjoying small-town living).
2. Do you like shrimp? What's your favorite way to have it prepared?
I do occasionally like shrimp uncoated dipped in that red sauce (obviously I don’t eat it often!) or dipped in butter. What is that sauce called anyway?
3. Is your house de-Christmased? If so when did you tackle that job? If not, when will the decorations come down?
We de-Christmased Monday. And no matter how many passes I make around the house, I still manage to come up with a little pile of stuff I missed putting away…of course always after all the tubs are stored.
4. Do you like to watch scary movies?
If you’re talking creepy-demon possessed-scary, no. But if it’s a good who-done-it and doesn’t have a ton of blood and guts, I don’t mind.
5. ice skating~sledding~skiing~snowboarding~of the four listed which wintertime activity do you most enjoy?
I’d have to say ice skating though I haven’t in years.
6. Did you have a childhood hideout? Describe it.
We had a narrow space between our garage and the neighbor’s that made a pretty good hideout for us kiddos. (I grew up with five brothers, so me being a tomboy was a choice and a necessity!) We had lots of fun pretending to shoot each other and the hideout would be base.
A funny story: There was a dime-store on the corner from where we lived on a fairly busy street. We were shooting each other and had to lay where we were shot and count to 20 or so before we could get back up. One day I was ‘shot’ in front of the dime store and was doing my allotted time on the sidewalk when a car pulls up and a school chum’s dad jumps out to see if I was all right! I was mortified. Guess how old I was? 12!
7. What's a place or space that motivates you?
I have a space in our bedroom that I do my crafting in. I’m in the process of getting it set up exactly the way I want it so that I can get started creating some things I’ve had in my head for awhile. Yesterday, my husband hung two long, narrow vintage windows that now separate that area from our bedroom.
I also have a comfy spot on the couch that I enjoy beginning my day with my prayers and devotions.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
This is only my 2nd time doing the Wednesday Hodgepodge and I’m really enjoying it. Helps get the thinking juices flowing!
It’s All Good!