Monday, April 2, 2012

Curriculum…for free!


When I decided to do this challenge, I started a list of topics.  I had most of  my ideas written down and wouldn’t you know it?  I lost the list. 
BUT…
Today, my “C” material presented itself in the form of…
wait for it…
20 boxes, yep, TWENTY boxes of free K-12 curriculum!
(No, I didn’t roll the A*Beka salesperson in the alley outside the convention hall!)
Our neighbors are moving to Germany at the end of the month.  The other day she told me she had some curriculum to give me since she knew I homeschooled.  I’m thinking a few books.  Boy was I in for a shock!
You might be thinking, woo hoo, exciting post.   But for this homeschooling family who invests yearly in our daughter’s studies and will for the next seven years at least, this is a tremendous blessing.
I obviously won’t be able to use all of it, and since I’m not a ‘nasty hoarder’ (a bread pudding story for another time :) I will pass them on to other homeschoolers working on a budget.
Now I have some boxes to go through.  See ya tomorrow for the letter ‘D’.  I hope I find my list or I’ll be looking for more material after our dentist appointment.  I know, dentist starts with ‘D’.  But unless something remarkable happens while we’re there, I won’t be using that d-word!
It’s All Free is Good Good!
Brenda
I’m participating on my B.E. Creative Co. with what I like to call my snippet journal calendar.

10 comments:

  1. That is so cool that you got the supplies and even cooler that you are sharing with others. That's how the world should work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brenda, what a blessing! I hope you finds lots of treasure in those 20 boxes!!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. "NO, I didn't roll the Abeka salesperson in the alley ... " HILARIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!! Having worked with several Abeka (and BJU and ...) reps in my Christian school career, I am putting a face to that poor salesperson .......
    Well, anyway, YEH for free curriculum!! As I'm home-schooling at least one, if not both, of my school kids next year, I too am thrilled to have been offered FREE books for 9th grade (we're going BJUPress) for my son IF my husband will give the "go ahead" to home school him (his fear is that it is HIGH SCHOOL and that I can't handle it!!! LOL!!!!).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, as a fellow homeschooler, I'm so happy for you! Free curriculum to look through/use is always fun. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I homeschool also, and I get super excited when someone gives me free curriculum! It's so nice that you are sharing it with others too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm excited by the fact that my friend is considering homeschooling her kids---that has its own payoffs!

    --Damyanti, Co-host A to Z Challenge April 2012

    Twitter: @AprilA2Z
    #atozchallenge

    ReplyDelete
  7. What at blessing to receive and have the opportunity to bless others by sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. giveaways up every saturday. come and see

    I was wondering if you wanted to be featured on my blog this month and do a giveaway? let me know by saturday

    ReplyDelete
  9. Too funny. I did the same thing. All year long I created a list of what I wanted to blog about. I have the list still because I kept it as a draft post - just so I wouldn't loose it. And when the time came, I decided to do something different. I haven't used any of my ideas.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit with me. I enjoy your comments very much. :)