Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Wednesday Hodge Podge





1. What is one new holiday tradition you'd like to establish, or one you've established recently, say in the last year or two?

I was having a hard time answering this one, so I asked my daughter.  Without a thought, "Muddy Buddies" popped out.  Some people call it Puppy Chow.  It's one of the recipes on the back of the Chex cereal box.  Rice cereal, chocolate chips, peanut butter and powdered sugar.  Yum.

2. It's the second week of December. Have you sipped a cup of eggnog yet this month? Wrapped a gift? Opened a gift? Kissed someone under the mistletoe? Lit a candle? Eaten a Christmas cookie? Seen Santa in person? Watched a Christmas movie or special? Read scripture relating to the birth of Jesus?

No eggnog, never eggnog!
One gift wrapped and under the tree so far.
No on the mistletoe, but there's still time.
No on the candle.
No on the Christmas cookie.  Next week.
No Santa.
Finally, I can answer yes on the Christmas movies/specials.  Just watched the I Love Lucy Christmas.  I love, I Love Lucy! 
Not yet on that particular scripture.
Sheesh!  I gotta get on the stick!


3. Do you think it's better to be an adult or a child at Christmastime? Explain.

This is a hard one, because I have wonderful memories as a child.  But I'm going to go with the adult.  I love the joy of giving and preparing, though simple and relaxing is how we do things around here.


4. It's often said, 'Good things come to those who wait'...agree or disagree? Why?

Agree.  We can get ourselves in a world of hurt simply because we weren't willing to wait.  Financial debt is a prime example and a personal one.  But, good news, we are on the other end of debt and it feels so good.  We've definitely learned from our mistakes.

5. What's the last sweet thing you baked? Did you keep it, take it to a party/event, or give it away?  

Chocolate chips cookies.  I kept them...for a day or two anyway!

6.  This question comes to us courtesy of Jhona who blogs over at The Red House at the End of the Lane. Everyone hop over and say hi to Jhona this week!  Here is her question... "I heard an actor talk about how he makes a conscious choice to talk to people in elevators.  He chooses to connect, make eye contact, and converse. Do you talk to people/strangers when you're in an elevator or any other place where you might have to wait together? Why or why not?"

I don't necessarily strike up a conversation in an elevator.  However I do say hello and make eye contact.  I tried pulling the line from the commercial where the lady in the crowded elevator says, "I got gas!" (referring to winning a year's supply of gas), but I only proceeded to thoroughly mortify my 13 year old daughter.  Oh well, I thought it was funny.  As for other places where we are waiting, like standing in a long line, I'll be more apt to converse.


7. Are you on the naughty or nice list this year? What put you there?

I'm always on the nice list.  I put myself there, that's why I'm always there!  

8. Insert your own random thought here.

I haven't had opportunity to do the Hodge Podge or any blogging for awhile.  It feels good to be back in the saddle!

It's All Good!

Brenda

9 comments:

  1. This was an interesting Hodge Podge. You had good answers except the eggnog one. Yes to eggnog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you that Puppy Chow is a good gluten-free snack. My neighbor has made it for me a couple of times. You commented on my blog about the dessert recipe I'm taking to a party this weekend.

    Yes, I will post it on my blog for Saturday (gotta make it first so I can include a snapshot). But if you HAPPEN to have the book, Forks Over Knives by Gene Stone, it's on page 194, "Cherry Pineapple Cake." I changed a couple of things from the original recipe for a similar result.

    Loved the wood blocks on your other blog that you decorated .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Most all the Hodgepodge answers I've read today were negatory on the eggnog and I'm with you. And I'm disappointed that I missed the Lucy special.
    You are a very brave lady I think to say you have gas on the elevator - especially with a 13 year old with you.
    You also sound like a very wise woman regarding the waiting answer. Good answers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree eggnog isn't my cup of tea either! Its like drinking fat, literally! I do love chocolate chip cookies too! Better than the Christmas cookies, im letting my dad eat the ones I made, i never really liked sugar cookies and the dye they put in the sprinkles and frosting is so bad for ya.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you are back on the Hodgepodge. I'm not an eggnog drinker either, but give me a good Apple Cider and I'm in. Thanks for visiting my blog today. Hope you'll come back again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's nice to see you in the HP! Not a lot of eggnog fans here : ) I have to take cookies to a party on Saturday, so the baking has begun. Trying not to sample it all!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am not an eggnog fan, either, but everyone else in the family is. I think comedian Tim Hawkins said it was like drinking pancake batter, LOL!

    No Christmas cookies here, either, though we did have a loaf cake that after Thanksgiving that I only make for the holidays. We're trying to keep the sweets down here, but we will probably have some Christmas week when all the family is here.

    I don't use candles - scented ones give me a headache. I have wrapped a few gifts but not opened one. I have been using an Advent Scripture reading plan I found on Pinterest that has been helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You put yourself on the nice list...Bwahahahaha! That's great! I didn't get to watch the Lucy special. I've watched everything else though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always put myself on the nice list too! heehee! Happy holidays my friend! Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit with me. I enjoy your comments very much. :)