Monday, February 18, 2008

Once A Month Cooking (OAMC) Progress

Day one is over--two to go! Here's the progress I made today. Remember, as stated in the previous blog, I am doubling 15 meals rather than coming up with a different meal for 30 days.

1. Shopped 'til I dropped--WalMart, Fry's and Sam's.
2. Chopped onions for all recipes--tomorrow I'm getting a food processor, hopefully.
3. Cut up all chicken breasts
4. Made chicken soup/broth
5. Cooked up 1/2 of the chicken pieces. Stir-fry chicken and Chicken Fajitas are done (will add veggies the night I cook). Just have to freeze tomorrow.
6. Put Beef roast in crockpot. Will be ready in morning to shred for tacos and chipped beef gravy.
So, by tomorrow morning I will have 9 dinners ready to freeze! Yea!

TIP: If cooking for 30 days is too daunting try this:
For one week just double the meal you cook each night and freeze one. Do this again the second week. Relax and enjoy weeks three and four!

Now I'm going to bed. I'm pooped!

It's All YUMMY Good!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit with me. I enjoy your comments very much. :)