Saturday, February 2, 2008

Snow, snow and MORE snow

100_0403

We have had more snow in the last 2 months than we have had in the past couple of years put together. It has also been colder for longer more than I can remember in the past 14 years of living here in Northern AZ. It's beautiful. We have been in draught for several years and I do appreciate all the much-needed moisture we've received, so then why am I anticipating Spring so much? Probably because I've realized that I just love color and warmth more than the monocramatic, cold colors of Winter.

But, alas, I choose to enjoy each and every day while awaiting Spring because I do not want to miss the joy that my family and friends bring to me each day. If I'm constantly looking and wishing for the future then I might not be as in tune to the daily joys--my daughter's excitement over finally losing a tooth, her funny antics (and believe me there are many!), watching my oldest beginning to see her desires and dreams come into reality little by little, line upon line and seeing the excitement and fire in her eyes.

Two months until Spring but living in the moment is where I'll be content.

It's All Good!

1 comment:

  1. Your remarks about not appreciating the "now" while awaiting for the future (my translation) reminded me of a quiz that when around (and around and around) on e-mail for a while. One of the questions was: What would you do if you knew the Lord was coming back tomorrow? My answer was to be able to, keep on keeping on. I am 70 y/o and in good health. I am grateful for each and every day and being able to do the things that I do

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit with me. I enjoy your comments very much. :)