Sunday, October 26, 2008

Finally, WHaTeVer things are true, WHaTeVer things are honest, WHaTeVer things are just, WHaTeVer things are pure, WHaTeVer things are lovely, WHaTeVer things are of good report, if there be any virtue, if there be any praise, think on these things. Philippians 4:8

INTRODUCING
THE
WHaTeVeR
DIET!
No more counting carbs!
No more meetings!
Eat all you want
and still go back for more
because it will
go straight to the
heart
and not the hips!


True - loving the truth, speaking the truth, truthful
Honest - to regard with respect for character, honorable
Pure - exciting reverence, calling forth respect, sacred
Lovely - acceptable, pleasing
Report - sounding well, uttering words of good omen
Virtue - a virtuous course of thought, feeling and action, goodness, modesty
Praise - commendation
Think - to reckon, compute, calculate, count over, take into account, meditate on, determine, purpose
(Definitions taken from the Greek Lexicon)

I guarantee the 'weight' of hatefulness, ugliness, thinking ill of each other, biting and devouring one another and all the other awful, selfish things that are going on in our world today will come off quickly if we spend more time 'thinking on these things'.

It's All WHaTeVer Good!
*update*
Susan has a great post entitled A Call To Pray concerning the upcoming elections. A great challenge.

10 comments:

  1. Hi Brenda~~
    Oh that is a cute post(:)
    lots of good thoughts there~~
    I am so glad you hopped on that pink bicycle(:) YEAH ~!!!
    Someday I will get on I hope~
    hugs, Patty

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was great... too cute, and so true!

    Great food for thought!

    My birthday is the 3rd. i will be 21 will chelsea too?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great words and word study, Brenda!!!!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really nice post, Brenda!

    Blessings on your week!

    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to lose some of this spiritual kind of weight as well as the physical kind.

    Great post, Brenda! :o)

    Have a great week!

    Love and hugs,

    Diane

    PS: Jessica was born at 3:03 am on Nov. 3, 1987. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. true, honest, chaste ,benevolent, doing good to all men , indeed following the admonition of paul, if there is any thing lovely or of good report, we belive in doing good to all

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's one diet I can jive with! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. HI Brenda, just wanted to say thanks for stopping by my blog, please visit again soon.
    My heart goes out to your nephew, I lost a SIL to leukemia 5 years ago and my father to cancer just 2 years ago.
    I checked out the rest of your blog as well, some very good thoughts... God bless

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a diet I have not tried. I better try this one. All the other diets I have tried have never stayed FOREVER SUCCESSFUL.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have such a way with words about the WORD. Awesome post Brenda!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit with me. I enjoy your comments very much. :)