1. How come I can never find: the time to sit down and start on some new craft ideas mulling around in my head.
2. I wish I'd never started: letting myself gain weight. Sure is hard getting it off.
3. I wonder why: people can't or refuse to see the direction our nation is headed. "There's a way that seems right to a man, but the end thereof is death" comes to mind.
4. Mama always told me: change your undies every day--you never know when you'll get in an accident. OKAYEEE...she never told me that, but it is a good idea!
5. There's this one thing in my closet that I just can't seem to get rid of: I can't think of anything since I did a pretty good closet cleaning before we moved. How boring is that answer!
6. My favorite guilty pleasure is: having some dark chocolate with my Malt* O Meal nearly every morning. Love it!
7. I always forget to: pick up my just-filled water bottle on my way out the door.
8. I have never: smoked a cigarette, and I have beautiful lungs to prove it!
9. I'm obsessed with: well, I wouldn't go right to obsessed, but I love Hers*hey's Special Dark Chocolate. I also love to go yardsaling, thrifting, thrill-of-the-hunt kinda stuff. Really, though, I'm not obsessed, right Reva?
10. One of my favorite memories is: I have to give two--the birth days of both of my beautiful, sweet daughters.
Diane made up this meme to help any of us get out of the blogging rut. Just copy and paste the "10 Things" list and let me know when you're finished, so I can take a look-see. Also, if you want you can go over and let Diane know too!
Besides our camping trip we haven't done a whole lot of heavy, deep or real stuff this summer. Just living life!
In June, Reva surprised me with a fun birthday party. She invited the local relatives which included her daughter, Amber, and kids as well as my Aunt Bobbi Nell and cousin Teri. I do have pics so I'll post on that later.
Reva and I have been able to go to quite a few yardsales. Fun! Fun!
We've picked up a few housecleaning jobs, so our B.E. Cleaning Services has been officially transported to CO. My husband is working 4 nights a week in his hometown while we're getting the cleaning business off the ground.
Reva, Amber and kiddos, our aunt and 2 cousins,and Grace & I went to the County Fair in Calhan, CO. A beautiful drive about 1 hour NE of Colorado Springs. Being the frugal bunch that we are, we went on dollar day and spent 3 or 4 hours petting animals, watching a snake handler (*shudder*), seeing trained bears doing tricks and stunts (I'll leave my opinion on that to myself), having a nice picnic lunch, and of course eating cotton candy.
Grace gets this week off from homeschool, so I can regroup and get 3rd grade plans underway. (We needed to plug away this summer since she had her 'summer' break in May/June because of the move.) We will be doing a unit study springboarding off the Felicity American Girl books (year 1774) and learning about Colonial times. That will probably take us thru the first semester.
This coming weekend we are having a huge multi-family yardsale. Tons of stuff to price and put out.
Rick and Reva's garden is bearing yummy yellow and spaghetti squash, green beans, and delicious tomatoes.
Chelsie has been in Seattle for a month now. We really miss her. She's doing well, though and enjoying herself. Hopefully she'll be able to find some work soon.
We are celebrating Reva's Birthday today! If you'd like to give her some birthday wishes you can go here. I'm sure she'd enjoy that!
It's All 10 Things Meme & Summertime Good!