Monday, December 28, 2009

2009 Recap

This has been an unsettling but fun and interesting year to say the least. Necessity definitely moved us out of our comfort zone.

There's a scripture that says, May the Lord establish the works of our hands (Psalm 90:17). This is exactly what He has done. He has gently guided us and directed our path.

After moving to Colorado Springs last May, our plans were to get our cleaning business to a self-supporting place while Sunny worked at getting his CO real estate license. But the Lord had other plans, by opening up another door. Sunny is now working towards management in our friend's heating and cooling business. He is so excited to be back in the 'trades' and is daily studying and working at getting up to speed with the business. As for the cleaning business, I have kept one client and will do one-time cleanings when needed.

We have had to adjust to our oldest daughter, Chels, moving up near Seattle. We miss her a lot...A LOT. But we're also aware that this is part of life--separation--and we're happy that she is doing well and enjoying herself. Especially happy that she has a job after several months of searching. She is coming home in 13 days for a week! YAY!

We are so grateful for my sister, Reva and her husband, Rick, opening up their home for us while getting established here. I've enjoyed spending time with Reva again after many years of living apart. We've also enjoyed 'getting to know' my niece's family. Grace and her daughter, Mariah, have became quite the little buddies.

There is one thing that has remained constant and helped me through this past year (besides my relationship with God) and that is all of you. I've gotten to know you better through your blogs and made new friends. I know I've been a sporadic poster, given our circumstances, but I have managed to go 'visitin' quite a bit. You all have succeeded in making me laugh, cry, pray, be challenged, and at times I've even come real close to wetting my britches! Thanks for helping make this year of transition easier for me.

Be blessed this new year of 2010. No matter what the economic or political climate we face, we can be sure the the Lord is Faithful and the 'Ever Present Help in time of need'.

It's All Happy New Year Good!

14 comments:

  1. It's nice to read this review of your year, especially the way God has been with you through it all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Lords love and care certainly is always extended to us, and yes, even on these blog pages and connections that have been made. Looking forward to a great 2010 and what God has in store for each and everyone of us that are called "His Own". What a glorious thing to be!!!!
    (((hugs)))
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brenda, that is the great thing about blogging - you can take your friends with you wherever you go!

    Changes are hard, but a blessing all the same.

    Hope 2010 is a wonderful blessing for you and your family.

    Thanks for visiting me!

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hooray for your husband's job situation!

    I know the time is coming when one of mine won't be nearby. I know it's the way things usually go, but I am dreading it. Yet I know the Lord will give grace when the time comes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think 2010 will be a year for God's people to shine for him more than ever before and a time for us to all grow in Him like never before. Many blessings to you my friend in 2010. Loved your review.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brenda, I enjoyed reading your review of the year. Yes, it has been a huge transitional year for you and your family. But you are handling it beautifully with grace and faith. Such a testimony.
    I'm so glad to get to know you better thru the blogs too.
    Happy New Year!
    ♥ Joy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you had happy holidays..ive so missed visiting you..

    thank you for all of your kind words, and especially your prayers.

    Love you
    jess

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have been so encouraged by all of your posts Brenda....your walk by faith and trust in God is a wonderful example to all of us. Thank you for being you! We love you! KATHY

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Praise God for seeing you and your family through a big year! That is wonderful... I always marvel at God's hand as I look back on twelve months of life. Sometimes I miss the little miracles!

    Enjoy the time with your daughters!

    ReplyDelete
  10. happy new year brenda...
    Here is to the new year

    ReplyDelete
  11. We are excited to have this next year to spend with you and the family. It's great having family so close! Especially after you being so far away for so long.
    Love you all,
    love amber

    ReplyDelete
  12. 2009 really was a year of major changes for you. I am inspired by your "It's All Good" attitude toward those changes. You remain the upbeat and happy Brenda that I love.

    Knowing that you've had to let a daughter go and grow up makes me feel all tense. Do I have to do that too?!! ACK! But I know you are proud of her independence.

    Happy New Year Brenda. Thanks for being such a wonderful blogfriend.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wishing you a blessed New year!

    Joyce Marie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Isn't it funny how even a 'bad' year can turn out so good? So glad you are part of my life sis. I love you so much and I appreciate you in every way......

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit with me. I enjoy your comments very much. :)