1. It's that most wonderful time of the year...tax season! Do you complete your own returns or farm that job out to the professionals?
We farm. Me no do taxes. Me have no clue.
2. This next question comes from Kansas Bob...he posed it in his response to something I asked in an earlier Wednesday post and I asked him if I could add it to the Hodgepodge some day. Today's the day....
Which do you think has changed you more-love or pain?
This is a hard one. I would have to say pain. Allowing the Lord to help me through some painful experiences has drawn me into a closer relationship with Him that I might not have experienced otherwise. Working out forgiveness issues especially when they’ve involved pain inflicted on our children, helping us get ourselves out of financial messes we brought on ourselves, and generally pain-in-the-hiney stuff through our own foolish mistakes—all have made me a better person, especially because the Lord didn’t allow me to wallow in the pain…for long! I’m reminded of the portion of Psalm 23 that states: Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, Thou art with me…
3. Tangerine Tango has been named color of the year for 2012. Your thoughts? Would I find this color anywhere in your house? How about in your closet? If not, will you be adding this color to your life in some way in 2012? If you're not sure what tangerine tango looks like click here.
That color looks very similar to what I used to call coral. You wouldn’t find it in my decorating scheme. I would wear it, because I can pretty much wear anything, but I wouldn’t necessarily run out and buy it.
4. Are you a collector? What do you collect and does it get admired, used, and/or dusted regularly?
The one thing I’ve enjoyed collecting the last several years is vintage sewing patterns. I have several hundred. I use them in my altered art pieces. Sometimes I find little goodies in them, mainly scraps of material. Who knows? Maybe someday I’ll find some Great Granny’s hidden money stashed in one! I can dream, can’t I?!
I also have quite a collection of vintage buttons. Set a newly acquired tin of vintage buttons in front of me and I’ll be occupied for hours!
5. February is National Heart Month...besides a green salad what is one tasty heart healthy dish you like to prepare?
One of our favorites is Honey Nut Chicken Stir Fry. Lots of crisp tender veggies, chicken and slivered almonds in a honey/orange juice/soy/ginger sauce and served over rice or pasta.
6. When was the last time you had car trouble?
Not in a long time, thank God! My husband is really good about keeping up on general maintenance.
7. Have you been more demanding on yourself lately or less? Is that a good trend?
I am not demanding on myself, unless it’s something I am having a hard time overcoming. Like reaching that point where you realize you have to change such-and-such and taking the steps to do it.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I don’t know why I didn’t have my camera with me, though showing you my winter-white legs would not have been attractive, but I wore shorts on Jan. 30! I don’t think that’s ever happened in my lifetime! It was Grace’s day off so we to the park and had a picnic. She played barefoot nearly all day.
It’s All Good!