Tuesday, March 20, 2012

It’s Spring Hodgepodge

Hodgepodgebutton Wednesday Hodgepodge

1. The first day of spring is here...do you enjoy working in the yard? Weeding, raking, mowing, planting-your favorite springtime garden chore? How about your least favorite?

I do enjoy getting out in the yard working our garden.  I’m chomping at the bit to get started again.  Now, raking the yard is not my favorite but probably the most beneficial exercise-wise.  This was our tire garden last summer.

100_9297

2. What puts a spring in your step?

Springtime puts a spring in my step. 

3. Describe a time when you had to spring into action?

When a bat flew into my daughter’s room.  The whole crazy story is here

4. We're having carrots for dinner...would you prefer yours raw or cooked?

Usually raw.  Cooked with a dollop of orange marmalade is good too!

5. Do you take the shampoos and other sundries from your hotel room when its time to check out?

I don’t.  But my SIL, who used to be a school nurse would take them and give them to children from low-income families.

6. What's the most enjoyable team or club you've belonged to and what was it that made it so?

When we lived in Flagstaff, AZ I belonged to CURVES.  I enjoyed the camaraderie with other women like myself who were there for good exercise and health and were not there to intimidate others by wearing their spandex outfits that covered all but nothing.  Just sayin’. 

7. Is cloning a sign of progress?

Cloning scares me.  Period.

8. Insert your own random thought here.

This is my all-time favorite quote and I found it on Pinterest today!

right is right

It’s All Right is Right Good!

Brenda

11 comments:

  1. "Covering all but nothing." You are funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cloning scares me too!! But sometimes I do wish there were multiples of ME!! I enjoyed getting to know you a tad better via this post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Three things ( I mostly wrote that so I don't forget that I wanted to say three things before I'm done.)

    I adore your tire garden. I love looking at the things that other people are doing with their gardens and I really love that idea. Now to wait a whole year to start mine, moving in June kills the whole garden for the year.

    You lived in Flagstaff? How have I missed that in other hodgepodges, maybe you didn't mention it, or I was too tired when I read. I was born there and didn't move away until after I graduated from NAU.

    I LOVE your quote for #8. It is so true, and a good reminder that just because people are doing it doesn't make it right.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We get a couple of bats a year in our house. UGH! The stories would curl your hair! And cloning scares the snot wads out of me.
    Happy First Day of Spring!!! :))))))))
    Danette

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoyed especially the saying because it is so TRUE!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love your garden pic!!! so cool looking!

    i too used to go to curves and loved it!!! maybe once my little one is a little bigger, i can go back! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a neat garden you have going on! I love it! I saw that saying on Pinterest, too...it's a great one to share with my girls!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love to garden too. I am still weeding it out though. Since it was a mild winter, the weeds overtook the garden. UGH!
    I really liked the sign you posted. So true, so true!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My mother is getting spring fever and is anxious to be in her garden. Each year around August, she always says that she's not going to have as big a garden next year, but then spring comes ...
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your quote from Pinterest !!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You told me you answered my question on yiour blog ,but I forget what I asked! Refresh my memory, please. I am having a midlife moment.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit with me. I enjoy your comments very much. :)