Thursday, March 7, 2013

FFF Fun Weekend Edition


I was out of town last weekend, so I didn't get to participate in Susanne's FFF, but then it also gave me more favorites to tell you about.  You know how that goes--having a normal, same-thing-everyday week can make it harder to come up with favorites (to me) that won't put someone to sleep.  {Yay!--clap, clap--my daughter finally learned how to get the cream rinse out of her hair!}  See what I  mean?  Don't get me wrong.  I wouldn't trade my average extraordinary-things-don't-happen-to-us-everyday life for anything.  And I'm am so thankful.  Even this week's faves aren't out of the ordinary, but they were enjoyable none the less.

1.  Homeschooler's field trip to the Olympic Center in Colorado Springs and then to Focus on the Family's Whit's End (remember Adventures in Odyssey?) in time for lunch.  And a bonus was getting to hang out with my niece and her kiddos who live in Springs and met us there.





Grace's favorite Adventures in Odyssey character, Connie.  


2.  Since we were in Colorado Springs already, Grace and I spent the weekend with my sister Reva.  Rick and Reva host a family game night 3 or 4 times during the winter months.  This weekend happened to be one of them, so we also got to visit with quite a few of my family for an evening of fun.  I think Reva said there were 25 altogether.

3.  Then of course I can't be in Springs without hitting at least one thrift store.  Though I didn't buy anything for myself--I know!  I shocked myself too!--it was still fun.

4.  Grace got to spend the whole weekend with her cousin/best friend/fellow homeschooler.   They spent the night at her cousin's house one night and my sister's the other two nights.  I love that they get along so well without all the school-girl drama that is so prevalent.

5.  My husband came and picked us up on Monday.  He was supposed to attend an HVAC class, but it was cancelled.  And that was a good thing, because a pretty fierce snowstorm blew in.  It didn't last long, but wouldn't you know it, we were in its path all the way home.  But we couldn't leave before going to our favorite frozen yogurt joint YoYogurt.  Look at that tag line.   Haha!  No wonder I love it!  This is a quote from their web site:  "We at YoYogurt ask you to remember, regardless of the situation, It's all good!" 



And here's a fun ice sculpture that was on our right hub caps after we got home safely.  Beauty can be found anywhere, can't it?


It's All Good!

Brenda

16 comments:

  1. It was a fun weekend! Mariah was in heaven having the spent the whole weekend with Grace. Since you all left she has asked me each day, at least once, if we can move to your town.
    Thank you for inviting us, it was a great trip.
    Oh, and Evan has informed me that next time he wants his own "Grace time". I guess he expected to have Grace to himself for awhile. ;-)
    Glad you all made it home safe!
    Love ya all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you got to have this fun, family week-end.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful time you all had! So happy to see all the "good" things you were able to enjoy with extended family :) Love that snow sculpture on the hub cap! And love the yogurt tag line too! You HAD to get a picture of that!
    Be Blessed Dear One,
    Danette

    ReplyDelete
  4. It seems you had a lot of fun in the Olympic center ! I felt cold when I read that you had frozen yogurt in this cold weather, lol !

    ReplyDelete
  5. My older kids loved Adventures in Odyssey when they were younger! How neat to visit Whit's End!

    Sounds like a good visit all the way around, with friends and family and shopping.

    Fun about the tag line for the yogurt place! And the ice formed on your hubcap is really neat!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for dropping by Bears at Home...
    I made a quick run to my favorite thrift store on my way to Kroger for groceries...there is a cheap book shelf in my car which I aim to swap with the one in the garage (wooden one from side of road)so I can move that one into my studio. I want to take one of my tables down and use the book shelf for the items on top of it.
    Looks like you had a wonderful visit with your family.
    Blessings,
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like you had a great time with friends and family. We are in the midst of a big snowstorm now...only we are on a little island (connected to the mainland by a 2 mile causeway)just north of Boston. That hubcap ice looks so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. you week sounds like it was so special!! that ice is gorgeous..great shot! well, today in my part of eastern NY state we had a snow day! we got almost 6 inches of the white stuff and yes spring is only 12 days away...but temps are climbing and snow is starting to melt! YAY!! Enjoy your weekend and glad you got home safely!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brenda, I love the name of your blog! And I'm in total agreement. I don't know if we have any YoYogurt places where I live, but I'd go to them on the basis of that slogan alone.

    I love thrift stores, so I'd have had a blast going to a new one, too.

    FFF is about celebrating the things in our ordinary lives, so don't feel you have to have great events to talk about each week. We love the day-to-day as well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. At first I thought that 'ice sculpture' was a sea anenome! I know, a sea creature in Colorado??
    I'm sorry you had to drive through the snow storm to get home from your wonderful adventure, but I guess that's a fave too--home safely.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hubcap "art". Who'd of thought it could look so neat? Glad you made it home safely through the storm. Sounds like you had a great week with family and the field trip. And how fun to visit Whit's End. And absolutely feel free to talk about any blessing, big or small. Sometimes it is looking for those smaller ones in what seems a boring or ordinary week or even a really tough one that helps us to keep focus on all the good that we really do have in our lives.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fun trip! I remember our trip to Whit's End -- the boys LOVED it. That's incredible "art" -- beautiful. Great to have you join in this week. Have a great week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's one of our dream destinations - Whit's End! Both of my boys have grown up listening to Adv. in Odyssey and we will go there one day!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Colorado Springs IS fun! What's your favorite thrift store on the north end of town? :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. How fun to visit just in time for Game Night! What a great way to see all kinds of your favorite people at once. Glad you could stop and enjoy some yogurt and beauty even with that storm following you home.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit with me. I enjoy your comments very much. :)