Sunday, January 25, 2015

Introducing Ajack & Life Changes...Again.

   

























We have a dog.  A golden retriever to be exact.  He was dropped into our laps as a 8-week old puppy last June.



Never in a million years did I think we would ever get a dog.  My husband has never been a dog person.  He never had one growing up, and I'll have to admit he is still having a hard time adjusting. On the other hand, I grew up with dogs.  Not a big one like Ajack--we had chihuahuas and poodles.

Because of Ajack, life around here has changed immensely.  He is still a big puppy.  BIG puppy!  He is such a character.  Originally this puppy was for Grace.  We knew that she loved animals, so Sunny consented to letting her have a puppy. She studied about dogs for a year, learning which kinds were the calmest and best pets.  She had the name Ajack picked out for that long as well.



But this dog has stolen my heart.  He gives so much love.  I call him my therapy dog, because he has helped me through some of my grief after losing our Mom.

He's just like a kid who, when he gets in trouble, looks up at you with those big brown eyes and you melt, but only after appropriate discipline as been given.

It has definitely been a lifestyle change for us.  He's the perfect fit for us, and we wouldn't trade him for the world!

This will be my last post for awhile because, once again we are needing to focus our attention on life issues.  I was enjoying getting back into posting on here.  :(  But my Mother-in-law is in need of 24/7 care now.  We want to be able to keep her home until the end, so my oldest daughter and I are on rotating shifts.  I am so grateful for the great Hospice team available as well as Hospice volunteers. I'm also thankful for the friends in our small community who have volunteered to come and give us much-needed breaks.  That's small-town USA for ya!

I will visit as I am able.  If you are on Facebook I would love to communicate that way.  You can look me up under Brenda Wise Eddy.

It's All That's How the Cookie Crumbles Good!
Brenda

3 comments:

  1. Ajack is a beautiful dog!
    Praying for you all as you go through this period of life. I know it will have hard times, but I know you will be blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Golden Retrievers...beautiful dogs! Prayers on taking care of your MIL. Just make sure you do get breaks, it can be quite physically and mentally strenuous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ajack is a beautiful dog! I hope all goes well with you MIL.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit with me. I enjoy your comments very much. :)