Saturday, June 7, 2008

100 Things About Me (25 at a time)

First 25 Random things about myself that you might be interested in knowing. My life isn't the most thrilling of lives. I haven't traveled far, done daring things like skydiving or bungee jumping. Heck, I can't even do a ferris wheel or climb too high up on a ladder without quite possibly hurling...look out below! But I love my life. I have had and will continue to have a wonderful life. I am blessed. These are listed just as they came to mind and in no particular order. Here's a couple of pics of my 'Yours, Mine and Ours' family (the 'ours' one, little brother, Jerry, hadn't arrived yet).

Mom (check out those glasses!), Dad, Jack, Jon, myself, Reva, Jimbo & Jeff.

Reva, cousin Frankie, and myself.
1. Born and raised in Pueblo, CO

2. Met Jesus Christ as my personal Lord and Savior at an early age.

3. Dad, Jack, died when I was two and my step-siblings' mother died as well.

4. At that time I had two older brothers, Jack & Jeff.

5. My 'new' Dad, Darrell, entered my life when I was five. He's Dad!

6. And also got a 'new' big sister, Reva, and two more brothers, Jimbo and Jon.

7. Our little brother, Jerry, came along a few years later.

8. Favorite color is yellow.

9. Been married 27 years.

10. Daughter Chelsie is 20 and a half...she keeps reminding me.

11. Daughter Grace, just turned seven.

12. Clean homes to help supplement husband's income.

13. Homeschool

14. Frugal

15. Enjoy yardsailing, thrifting, all that fun stuff.

16. Like decorating and using things for uses other than what they were intended.

17. Never knew, until a few months ago, about all the fun I can have blogging!

18. Have started my own chapter of Blogger Addiction Anonymous (BAA).
19. Lived in Wichita Falls, TX for a few years.

20. Moving back to Colorado, Lord willing, in a year.

21. Very dark brown hair...except for those pesky white ones popping in.

22. Gray/blue eyes.

23. Have 13 more lbs. to lose.

24. Love dark chocolate.

25. Which is probably why I have 13 more lbs. to lose!
It's All 100 THINGS (1-25) Good!

15 comments:

  1. there are a bunch of things I can relate to on your list.the grey hairs for one the love of chocolate is an other.My Dad's Father dies when he was 5 and his brothe Evan was 3. God has been watching over me for a long time and I thank him for that every day.
    If it was not for His Grace I never would be as old as I am now.I was 24 when I almost died from fluid on the heart.I was 26 when my first marriage ended in divorse and 28 when I married the love of my life in 1980 we are still married to this day.So those grey hairs I don't mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you decided to do this, Brenda. It's always fun to get to know fellow bloggers a little better.

    I did my 100 Things all in one sitting and man, was it hard to come up with all those things!

    Now I'm looking forward to the next installment of yours. ;o)

    Have a great weekend!

    Love and hugs,

    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved how you ended it. I just love those photos so very much Brenda. I loved learning all about you in 25 wonderful ways and can't wait for the 75 more. Wow.

    Who would have thought yellow was your favorite? It seems to fit an its all good girl. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. #2 and #17 were my favs, my Sister in Christ and Sister in Blog Addiction! I like that you broke this up into 25 questions. That was very smart of you - easier to take in and digest!

    Be blessed.

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  5. HI Brenda Oh just read your fun blog so interesting to read..I love chocolate also (:)
    G-saling yes yes.. your table legs/plantstand idea is wonderful ..
    I know isn't it fun to see what old junk can become...
    I Painted wood paneled
    bi-folds with pretty flowers, Painted old dressers,chairs and desks all pretty with flowers or little farm scenes or fruit on them..maybe added a checkerboard edge..etc etc etc....I used to have alittle Antique booth and always found old furniture and redid it ..Loved doing that, well still do but not as much..since I gave up the booth and can't haul to much home _no room..Glad you came by and I'll be anxious to see the leg/plantstands ..Hugs Patty

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Brenda
    I just love reading people's random lists of things about themselves. It's so fun to find out about people! It's really nice ot find so many other Christians in blogland, and also ones who finght with those pesky grey hairs! lol I have way too many of those. Looking forward to the next 25 Installment! :) Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the picture of you all!

    I like the 100 things about me!
    I may do that on my blog
    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ya...I think I like your idea better than mine...it is so hard to come up with 100...you are a smart one! Really enjoyed reading this post. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like you probably had a wild house when you were little with all those brothers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Brenda, I enjoyed reading more about you. You started blogging after I did, but do you know if there is a certain time when you are suppose to blog 100 things about self? Is it after so many posts, or how does that work?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well Brenda,
    I see you chose to air all our dirty laundry out in front of God and country. I love it!!
    You were always so cute and I loved you so much. You were our little apache with your short haircuts and dark straight hair. Your blue eyes gave it away though but we didn't mind.
    later,
    your little big sis,

    ReplyDelete
  12. Enjoyed your 25 and look forward to the other 75!!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like that you are doing installments. I'm married 27 years also.

    It sounds like you do have a wonderful life. That's just wonderful. I can't wait to read the net installment.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gray hairs in the dark -- I feel you pain. What's with that, anyway? My Mom is fond of saying she EARNED every one of hers (probably while raising me), but I don't care to EARN that sort of thing.

    Remind daughter Chelsie that age is the great equalizer!

    Can't wait to read the next 50!

    ReplyDelete
  15. you guys seem to have a network of LOVE.. READE STEPHANIE MEYER'S NEW BOOK HOST

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit with me. I enjoy your comments very much. :)