Saturday, January 21, 2012

Taking a walk

After extremely cold weather and two feet of snow before Christmas, we enjoyed a really nice day last Thursday with temps reaching the high 50’s .  Grace and I decided to take advantage of it.  She rode her bike while I walked my 2.25 mile route around town.

Our little farming community is surrounded by beauty no matter what the season.  That’s Pike’s Peak in the far distance.

dscn0195

Along our way there is a very rustic corral with several horses, a mule and a goat.  Grace is getting ready to reach through the fence and pet one of the horses.  I love this picture.  {Notice the non-January top she’s wearing!}

 dscn0207

This gal is the friendliest of the three horses. 

dscn0199

Here she comes.

dscn0200 

I was trying to get her as well as the other horses in the pic but as you can see…

dscn0205

it was all about her! 

dscn0201 

Every time I thought I had a good shot, she’d stick her face right up to sniff my pretty yellow camera.

She enjoys when we stop by and visit, and so does our animal-loving daughter Grace!

dscn0203

It’s All Blue Skies Good!

Brenda

8 comments:

  1. You live in such a beautiful area!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the blue skies! Great pictures:)

    I've driven up Pikes Peak (well, my poor husband did) and I think once is enough!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's nothing like our blue Colorado skies! Looks like a wonderful walk/ride. We've had lovely skies and sun, but wicked wind. I really really don't like wind. I got enough of that in college in Oklahoma.

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice post thanks for sharing ....blessings...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks nice & fun. I'm proud of you walking. I need to get back to mine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Brenda! I walk every day with my dog, but I don't have the nice views you do, and in the winter the snows stays around. Thanks for sharing these beautiful pictures!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit with me. I enjoy your comments very much. :)