Saturday, December 1, 2012

Stuff ‘n Such

Where do I start with all the happenings in the Eddy home?  Life, as usual, takes precedence, which means posting about it takes back seat.

Well, the very first thing is a wonderful testimony of how the Lord provided us with a work van.  {You can read about the truck breaking down in my previous post.}  But wait!  That part gets better…

After the truck broke down with no hope of resusitation, we put in a couple of spark plugs to fix it long enough to drive the 5 miles out of town to the owner’s home.  What we didn’t find out until the next day was that about 20 minutes after we left the truck caught on fire.  YIKES!  The owner’s dad who was working the field saw it and was able to get the fire out before there was a large KABOOM!  {seeing as there was a large propane tank on the back for alternate fuel}  Thankfully no one was hurt, and the owner was understanding as the truck had issues not even our mechanic spotted.

Which brought us back to square one, which is where we should’ve started in the first place instead of jumping the gun.  Crazy how hearing the word ‘wait’ sometimes falls on deaf ears…

Sunny began shopping for what he really wanted—an extended van within our budget.  He looked online for several weeks.  Our dilemma was that business had him hopping (thank God!), so we didn’t have the time to be driving all over looking at vans, only to risk the possibility of it not working for us.

Enter God {who was patiently tapping his fingers waiting for us}…

Sunny had been taking a class up in Colorado Springs twice a week.  Every evening coming home he would stop at the same convenience store to get gas.  This night was his last class.  Grace and I decided to tag along.  When we pulled in to get gas, we both spotted it at the same time—the exact white extended van he had been wanting!  We both said, “Van!” at the same time, looked it over and called the next day.  The guy at Big O Tire had just put it out that day.  It was owned by an older woman who did craft shows, so no wear and tear to speak of.  Included was a set of winter tires and a ladder rack.  And we got it below our budget!

I’ll tell ya, you may believe in coincidence…I believe the Lord knows and wants to give us the desires of our hearts…the first time!

dscn0951

Wow, it’s been so long since I’ve posted—I’ve missed it, and visiting.  I’m going to work really hard at posting at least once a week.  So, my Stuff n’ Such will be continued…

It’s All Amazingly Good!

Brenda

7 comments:

  1. That's such a great van, and I love how God put it right in front of you!
    I'm with you on word verification. Drives me crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe that things happen for a reason and God has a hand in pointing us in the right direction.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what neat provision from God!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad things worked out! We always have so much to be thankful for. And I love your cute banner...fun for the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. rejoicing with you!! funny, I've been praying for a minivan for 3 years now ... and EVERYONE I know (well, seems like!) has gotten a new van except ME!! LOL Oh well, God's working on me in other ways - probably to be grateful and patient since those are lessons I learn the hard way!! :)

    I love your header, btw!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great ending to a wonderful story! yea for you guys!! love ya, me.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit with me. I enjoy your comments very much. :)