I’m linking up with Susanne at Living To Tell the Story.
1. Rain for our drought-stricken area of Colorado that so desperately needs moisture. It drizzled all day yesterday and turned to snow overnight…well, just a light covering…but we will take anything that comes our way. I have plans for my garden, and as of now our town is on a very strict watering schedule—4 hours a week is all we’re allowed.
2. And speaking of drought: I’m sure most of you have heard of gray water. The kind our ancestors used to water their gardens. Good ol’ bath water, water from the washer--water that was suitable to be thrown out in the garden rather than let go down the drain. My husband, being a plumber, has rigged up an inexpensive system that will pump our laundry and bathing water into a holding tank that we will be able to use in the yard. It’s still in the experimental stage, but in just one large load of laundry and one bath he was able to pump 55 gallons on water! I couldn’t believe it. Yay! I think my garden will be saved.
3. Monk. We recently started watching the Monk TV series on Hulu. I know, you’re probably thinking ‘where have you been’? Apparently not watching TV! Anyhow, we discovered the series and are enjoying it immensely.
4. Having the natural ingredients on hand while fighting a cold rather than reaching for the OTC, chemically-laden stuff. Such as herbal teas with honey and cinnamon, Kyolic garlic which builds the immune system, of course Vitamin C, good ol’ homemade chicken soup, and water…yep, refreshing water and plenty of it!
5. Having a fun ‘date’ with my daughter on Valentine’s Day where we toured the Rosemount Museum, had fun ratting around in extremely high winds (see previous post), and ate at a Chinese restaurant that had bad food but great company!
It’s All Smells Like Spring Good!