Friday, July 27, 2012

Where have I been all my life?

I never thought I’d be so neglectful of my blog, especially since the A-Z challenge in April kinda had me on a roll.  But, alas, IRL has taken precedence and my blog(s) have taken a back seat.  So has visiting my friends’ blogs.

Life in the Eddy lane…where do I begin?  I guess with the business, because that is what has had Sunny and I hopping.  It reminds me of the ringtone I have for my husband’s calls…an old train whistle.  The Lord has us on a fast-moving train, and we are hanging on for dear life but enjoying the ride!

When the Lord ‘pushed us out of the boat’ and into this business fulltime—the following insert from here explains what I mean—we had no idea how fast the acceleration!

“Our business, Eddy Plumbing & Heating, is now full-time again and business is good.  It’s funny to me how the Lord sometimes has to give us a little nudge, or shove, or an all out kick in the hiney before we ‘get it’!  That’s how this all came about.  Our plans were to go full-time, oh in about 6 months or so.  Because of past experiences we have erred on the side of caution.  But the Lord knew it was time to ‘get out of the boat’.”

The weather has been so abnormally hot.  We’re used to occasional 100+ degrees during the summer, but I’m tellin’ ya, my body is not acclimated to 105+ degrees for days on end.  It tends to zap my strength. 

The garden has suffered some in this heat.  My spinach didn’t make it :( I have had little yield so far with zucchini--though I was also contending with a family of gray beetles--and no yield on my tomatoes yet.  {And speaking of gray beetles, the advise I’ve found on some internet sites is to pick them off.  It doesn’t work.  Have legs, will run away, duh.  Just sayin’.}  I did find a natural bug-deterrent recipe for all the plants.  A good handful of red pepper flakes and about 4-6 cloves of crushed garlic.  Put in a big jar with water and set it out in the sun for a few days.  Strain and transfer to a spray bottle.  You could add a squirt of dish soap as well.  Spray all the plants to your heart’s content—just stay upwind! 

Chels is still working at the local restaurant and, after living near Seattle for a few years, is definitely having to adjust to the heat.

Grace is spending most of her summer at the pool.  Thank God for the pool!  I’ve even got in there a time or two.  Refreshing to say the least!

Life is good.  I’ve been blessed with a walking partner whom I drag my hiney out of bed to meet with at 6:30 in the morning.  I’ve finally wrapped up an altered art photo journal for a good friend, Susan, which will get in the mail on Monday, Lord willing.

I’ve found that Facebook is a quick way to keep up, though I hope to be able to ‘get in the groove’ with the business so that I can keep up on my blogs.  If you’d like to be ‘friends’ {I’m sorry, but that sounds so Kindergarten to me} you can find me at either Brenda Wise Eddy, Eddy Plumbing & Heating, or B.E. Creative Co.

It’s All I’M SO HOT Good!

Brenda

8 comments:

  1. I'm glad the business is going well, and I think it's a pretty good excuse for neglecting your poor blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Missed you while you were gone from blogland.

    LOVE the new header.

    My Aunt and Uncle lived on Eddy Lane all the years I was growing up and even long into my adulthood, and that's no lie!!!

    Eddy Lane in Eau Claire, Wisconsin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Brenda!
    Glad your business is going well! That's a huge blessing:)
    Yes, it's hot! That's why I only go outside when I have to - which is usually just down the steps and into the car!

    I think I will look for you on FB:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's great that business is booming! That's always a blessing. My garden pooped out this year, too. We got one butternut, a dozen green beans and some tomatoes that are just now coming in. Maybe next year...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad things are going so well with the business! This seems like a hotter than usual summer almost all across the country.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad your business is going so good! What a blessing! I am just now trying to get back in the groove of blogging. We were in Arkansas for a week, then a week after we came home the grandkids came up. It has been a hot but fun month! Enjoying Family!
    until next time... nel

    ReplyDelete
  7. i am glad to hear business is going well--yep our weather here has been crazy hot--we are getting a little break in the temps this week---sorry about the garden---but yay for the pool!

    ReplyDelete
  8. nice post thanks for sharing...i found your blog thrue other follower im looking for to visit more...blessings

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit with me. I enjoy your comments very much. :)